Arria brings Natural Language Generation to IBM Cloud
IBM CLOUD BLOG EXTRACT: The Arria Natural Language Generation APIs service is an addition to the Finance category on the IBM Cloud platform. This blog post shows you how to get started with Arria’s Natural Language Generation APIs service on the IBM Cloud platform.
About Arria’s Natural Language Generation: A leader in AI technology development, Arria delivers patented natural language generation (NLG) technologies that replicate the way a human expert analyzes data to pick out the important information, and then generate natural language to describe it. Arria’s NLG solutions enjoy a substantial competitive edge in the marketplace for a few important reasons. Arria’s technologies:
- Extract key insights directly from underlying data to create unique data-driven narratives every time.
- Capture industry expertise and the interpretation strategy of the expert.
- Are based on over 30 years of data science and computational linguistics expertise.
Any application that presents information to be analyzed, whether presented in the form of a visualization, a table, or another format, can be enhanced with the addition of a narrative description explaining the key insights. With Arria’s NLG APIs, you can quickly and easily integrate NLG into your application to add context-aware, instantly updated, domain-relevant narrative explanation of any data.
In the upcoming Predictive Market Stress Testing starter kit, for example, one of Arria’s NLG APIs teams up with three other IBM Cloud platform services to generate a correlated market stress test and analysis that lets investors see what different market conditions would do to an investment portfolio:
- One service loads the end user’s investment portfolio.
- Another service creates scenarios to run for predicting outcomes of market changes.
- The third runs an analysis and displays a table with current values as well as stressed values (those resulting from the chosen scenario).
- The fourth service—Arria’s Natural Language Generation APIs service—provides generation of narrative that appears as if human-written, calling out and describing the most important facts and insights within the data.
The narrative is written from the perspective of a wealth manager or research analyst and is derived directly from the data displayed.